Thursday, December 3, 2009

Is Your Closet Busting at the Seams?

Lately some of my girlfriends and I have realized that when there's a party we feel the need to buy a new outfit. Just last week as I was anticipating my cousin's engagement party I found myself stuffed into a dressing room in an attempt to find a great outfit. I already had a dress in mind, but of course it wasn't going to be good enough. With my recent life decisions wreaking havoc on my financial situation, I have tried my best to be more fiscally responsible. With that in mind, I gathered my strength turned away from the very fabulous outfits (including some great shoes) that I had picked out and decided that my closet contained a significant amount of items that would suffice. I'm ashamed to say that I was able to compose a great outfit (containing most items I had never even worn) that I received compliments on all night!

I think we fashionistas know that nobody (or at least those of us who care) wants to be seen in the same outfit twice, right? Some of my girlfriends and I have also begun a quest to lose a few lbs and as we peruse through the mounds of clothes and identify patterns in our past behavior much like archeologists reveal trends in past societies through archeological dig, it has come to our realization that we have continued to buy new things as our bodies adjust.

Funny that as I am writing this my coworker (who is tiny and gorgeous) is mentioning her troubles with the societal pressures of fitting into a size 2, this after we just got lectured on the dangers of phenylalanine in my Coke Zero, but we'll get into that later. She says that she has "so many pairs of jeans" that she is hoping to diet into- or shrink into. Size 2, what's that?

With all of the pressures of the sizes of our bodies, the importance of keeping up our "look" through hairstyles, clothing, and the oh-so-important accessories, influenced by the economic decline, I have decided that it would be beneficial to create this website with the intent of communicating strategies on limiting our consumption of unnecessary goods, without impacting our overall greatness and fabulosity.

Welcome~

No comments:

Post a Comment